HELP BUILD IT!
The ReStore helps build Habitat houses one donated couch, tool, and 2×4 at a time. Help make a difference in our community by donating new and gently-used items today!
WE ARE ALWAYS IN NEED OF YOUR DONATIONS! We sell donated:
- Working Small Appliances (blenders, crock pots, toasters, etc)
- Working Flat Panel Televisions
- Light Fixtures
- Plumbing & Plumbing Fixtures*
- Roofing Materials
- Framed Mirrors
- Housewares (Dishes, Glassware, etc.)
- Books (Non-Reference)
- Overstock Merchandise
* Due to EPA rules effective January 4th, 2014, we can no longer accept dishwashers, faucets, coffee makers, refrigerators with water lines, or any other product that carries drinking water unless it is certified to meet 2014 lead content requirements.
If you have any items you are interested in donating that you don’t see on this page, please give us a call at 336.838.3044 ext 1, and we will be glad to let you if we can accept it.
Hours of Operation – Retail Store & Donation Center
Wednesday-Friday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday: 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM
The donation center is also open each Tuesday: 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
There are many items that we cannot not accept due to insurance and liability rules, and others we cannot accept because they do not typically sell in the ReStore.
We are are currently unable to accept the following items:
- No Soiled or Non-Repairable Items, especially upholstery:
- No items with mold – due to safety & liability issues
- No items with tobacco smoke odors – due to safety & liability issues
- No items with pet stains or odors – due to safety & liability issues
- No large appliances, including microwaves – due to safety & revenue issues
- No Unframed Mirrors or Plate Glass – due to safety & liability issues
- No gas appliances or heaters- due to safety & liability issues
- No Tube or Rear-Projection Televisions – due to safety & liability issues
- No Dishwashers or Faucets made before 2014 (*see above)
- No Paint or Chemicals – due to safety & liability issues
- No Garage Doors or Openers
- No Shower Doors
- No Mattresses, Box Springs, or Waterbeds
- No Typewriters, Copiers, or Printers
- No Tires
- No Pianos
- No Old Model Microwaves
- No Toys, Children’s Items
- No Reference Books: Encyclopedias, Textbooks, Dictionaries
Hometown Habitat for Humanity’s ReStores pick up suitable donations from all of Wilkes County, NC, including: Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro, Cricket, Millers Creek, Moravian Falls, Purlear, Hays, Fairplains, Traphill, Roaring River, Ronda, and Clingman.
Hometown Habitat for Humanity’s ReStores pick up suitable donations from all of Yadkin County, NC, including: Jonesville, Boonville, Yadkinville, Hamptonville, and East Bend.
Hometown Habitat for Humanity’s ReStores pick up suitable donations from all of Southwester Surry County, NC, including: Elkin and Dobson.