7/19/2017: DONATION ACQUISITION MANAGER – RESTORE
Do you have a big heart and a strong back? Wilkes Habitat for Humanity is seeking a full-time Donation Acquisition Manager to help us take our fast-growing ReStore to the next level.
The Donation Acquisition Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with individual donors, businesses and other organizations that will result in increased donated inventory to the ReStore. Drives a manual transmission truck to complete pickups of donated merchandise. Ensures donor has a positive experience and receives a donation receipt. Loads and unloads truck. Operates fork lift as needed.
Committed to the mission of Wilkes HFH, the incumbent will have administrative, interpersonal and communication skills, be computer literate, have general business knowledge, and knowledge of the ReStore needs and operations.
- In collaboration with the ReStore Director create a comprehensive donation plan to obtain donated inventory from various donor sources.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with various donor organizations to ensure continuing future donations.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Wilkes Habitat for Humanity’s affordable shelter ministry, enthusiastically sharing program updates and achievements with donors and accurately answering any questions asked about the organization.
- Manage the donation scheduling process in an efficient and donor friendly way.
- Manage the truck crew and the maintenance of donation pickup vehicles.
- Manage on-site inspections for large donations and coordinate their pickup.
- Occasionally speak to church, community and civic groups to help promote the ReStore and its support of Wilkes Habitat for Humanity’s mission and to solicit donations of items to sell.
- In conjunction with the appropriate WHFH staff, assist in the maintenance of the database of donors; analyze the data, and report results and recommendations.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and safety and security practices.
- Perform other duties and or tasks as may be assigned such as, but not limited to:
- Greet customers and determine how to best serve each customer’s wants or needs.
- Occasionally operate a cash register and assist with checkout. Answer customer questions regarding the ReStore, merchandise, sales policies, and other areas of customer interest.
- Process inventory; price, stock, arrange, display and sell ReStore merchandise.
- Ability to work with staff and volunteers towards the achievement of ReStore goals.
- Ability to exhibit emotional intelligence, patience and flexibility.
- Experience in retail sales or any related work environment requiring direct and regular interactions with customers.
- Must have an insurable driving record.
- OSHA compliance and forklift experience a plus.
- Current CPR and first aid experience a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must be able to:
- Stand or walk on concrete flooring for prolonged periods.
- Bend, lift, reach, push and pull materials.
- Walk and climb on uneven surfaces, ladders and stairs.
- Label, sort and stock. Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Tolerate seasonal temperature extremes.
- Work a Tuesday-Saturday schedule.
The Donation Acquisition Manager will receive:
- An annual salary in the $30K range, based upon talent and experience
- Individual health insurance coverage with an 80/20 employer/employee split
- Paid sick leave and vacation benefits.
This position reports to ReStore Director Fran Harvey. Wilkes Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. No phone calls please.