Price, stock, and sell ReStore merchandise; such as furniture, appliances, paint supplies, plumbing & electrical products, lighting, and other home improvement products. Drives a box truck with manual transmission and completes pick-up of donated items from individuals and businesses. Loads and unloads truck, helps process and stock merchandise, and participates in other operational activities as needed. Ability to operate a cash register as needed.
- Greet customers and determine how to best serve each customer’s wants or needs.
- Answer customer questions regarding the store, merchandise, sales policies, and other areas of customer interest.
- Price, stock, arrange, display and sell ReStore merchandise.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Occasionally operate a cash register and greet customers and assist with checkout.
- Where possible, helps to promote the ReStore and its support of Wilkes Habitat for Humanity’s mission and to solicit donations of items to sell.
- Ability to operate a forklift is ideal, but not required.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying; taking time to understand points being made, asking questions as appropriate and being sure not to interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems, determine pricing, and make change when operating the cash register.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of various potential solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems and challenges.
- Public Speaking & Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others with understand.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Trunk Strength – The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over times without fatiguing.
- Temperature Tolerance – The ability to effectively work in seasonal temperature extremes, both hot and cold.
- Speech Clarity – The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to determine when something is wrong or is has the potential to go wrong. It does not necessarily involve solving the problem.
Experience & Education: Experience operating a box truck or delivery truck with a manual transmission and forklift. One or more years of experience in a customer service environment is a plus. High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalence Certificate is preferred.
Apply in person at 320 Cothren Street, Wilkesboro, NC 28697, Wednesday-Friday, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM. No calls please. Application deadline: Friday, February 5th.
Wilkes Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.