Although businesses around the state are reopening, the rate of new COVID-19 infections in North Carolina is now much worse than when the pandemic first hit us in March. As a human services ministry, safety has always been Habitat’s number one priority. For those reasons, these new safety policies are now in place at the Wilkesboro ReStore:
1. North Carolina’s Governor has announced that face masks are now mandatory in public places, including retail establishments like the ReStore, effective Friday, June 26 at 5pm. Customers are asked to be kind to Habitat’s staff about this order, which is out of our hands.
2. Staff must remain at least 6 feet away from each other and all customers at all times.
3. Customers are responsible for maintaining safe physical distancing (minimum 6 feet) from staff and other customers.
4. Customers are now responsible for loading and bagging their purchases in order to minimize contact. Customers will be provided with access to carts, dollies, and tape measures to make their purchases as easy as possible during this time. These tools will be sanitized by staff between uses.
5. The Wilkesboro ReStore has always held purchased items up to 7 days so customers could arrange transportation. Staff is now authorized to offer up to 14 days for customers to arrange item pickups.
6. Although we are still accepting cash at this time, payments by credit or debit card are very much appreciated.
Thank you for supporting our affordable shelter ministry through your ReStore purchases, and for doing your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.